Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue

This year my older children all made valentine cards that I want to remember.
Short, sweet, and to the point

Dear Mommy,
You are my valentine.  You are the light of my day and the beauty of it too.  I love you with all my heart.
From, Anonymous (AKA...Nick)
I Love You
Love Emily

Dirty little fingerprints
On windows, doors, and walls.
Prints that tell you I've been by...
Cards to mark my call.
Now they are a nuisance,
But soon I'll grow so tall...
You'll miss those little tokens
That told you I was small.
And so to make sure that you'll remember
me this way,
I've made this heart just for you on
Valentine's Day!
(So appropriate coming from Matthew who always seems to be dirty!)

My Valentine
I have a secret Valentine
who's very special to me.
I know you must be wondering
who my Valentine could be.
I'll give you just a little hint,
I think that's what I'll do.
And if you haven't guessed,
I'll tell you, Oh so true...
that my special, secret Valentine
just happens to be you!
Love Andrew

Being a Mother is hard work, but the time goes by so fast and someday I will look back on these precious Valentine cards and remember what it was like to have all these guys at home with me.  God has entrusted his precious children to me and I pray each day that I honor him in raising them according to his will.


"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ"
Ephesians 3:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment