Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Valentine

We celebrated our first valentine's day together in 1995.  You were a sophomore and I was a junior in college.  I never could have imagined how full our life together could be.  17 years later we have been blessed with our growing faith, family who love and support us, seven (soon to be eight) healthy children, a career that fulfills you and allows me to be able to stay at home and raise our children, but most of all a commitment to each other that will last through the good and bad.
I am grateful that you have become the spiritual leader of our home.  With God at the center of our marriage, we will grow stronger through storms that we must weather and we will be enriched by the blessings we receive.  I pray for each of our children that they will experience this type of relationship and have the opportunity to share their love with another person.
Thank you for putting me first.  I love you

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.  Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.
Ephesians 5:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment