Thursday, February 9, 2012

Our Dad

Kate was super cranky this morning, so we decided that a short car ride was in order to get a change of scenery and hopefully a cat nap.  While we were driving, the song Cinderella sung by Steven Curtis Chapman came on the radio and I was drawn into the lyrics.  It got me thinking about how blessed our girls are to have Brett as their Dad.  His involvement in their life today is laying the foundation for their future.  They have his unconditional love and support and you can see from their interactions with him that they are secure in this truth.  Each of our girls have their own way to express this based upon their ages.  Emily has been spending a lot of 1/1 time with her Dad at night after the little ones are in bed.  Being pregnant, I'm usually in bed early these days, so Emily is enjoying spending this extra hour or so with her Dad talking about the day.  Kate being three and finally potty trained always wants to share her success with her Dad,  With each trip to the potty, she will want to call Daddy at work and let him know.  Caroline is only a year old, but she just lights up at night when her Daddy comes in the door from work. 

I am so thankful that our girls have a Dad who is 100% invested in their life today and in who they will become in the future.

Lyrics by Steven Curtis Chapman from his song Cinderella

She spins and she sways
To whatever song plays
Without a care in the world
And I'm sitting here wearing
The weight of the world on my shoulders

It's been a long day
And there's still work to do
She's pulling at me
Saying "Dad, I need you

There's a ball at the castle
And I've been invited
And I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone...

I know first hand the importance of having a Dad who loves and supports you unconditionally.  I grew up with this Dad.  I am secure in who I am today because of his love and support.
My Dad lives his life according to the principles of his faith.  He is honest, hardworking, diligent, caring, dedicated, giving, and truthful.  I am blessed to be his daughter.
 
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment