Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mommy in Training

This morning I was reading a short devotional that I have delivered to my email everyday from Dennis and Barbara Rainey.  The topic was entitled, "Are you worthy of Imitating?"  One note that caught my attention was this, "Your children listen to what you say, do what you tell them to do, but they will become who you are."
This is something to really think about.  Are my words and actions today and everyday honoring God in a manner that will help my children grow in their relationship with him.
If I can pass on my relationship with God to my children, will they get enough?
"If my children could never experience anything more than they have today, would they know enough of Christ to long for more?"
-Quotes are taken from Moments With You Couples Devotional
Written by Dennis and Barbara Rainey

"His delight is in the law of the Lord, and in his law he meditates day and night.
Psalm 1:2

No comments:

Post a Comment