Thursday, December 27, 2012

Luke is Seven Months

Another month has passed by too quickly.  I say this every month, but I truly can't believe that our baby is already 7 months old!  I wish that I could slow down time and keep him a baby for just a bit longer.  Although, I do have to be honest here and admit that I am anxiously awaiting sleeping through the night again.  One thing Luke is not is a good sleeper.  I keep thinking that with each new change Luke will sleep better, but alas NOT!  But don't worry, we still think he is the best little guy around.  In fact, today at the eye doctor the staff was totally in love with our little guy.  Dr. Jacobs kept telling me that I could leave for a few hours and they would love to watch him for me.  When our visit was complete, he carried him through the office stopping at each open door and showing him to the individuals inside.  He would say to everyone, "Isn't he just delicious!"
 
You are wearing 6-9 month clothes
Size 3 diapers
You are still eating stage 1 foods.  I tried to move you up to stage 2 and you started throwing up.  I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but I went back to stage 1.  You really aren't a food guy as of yet.  I really have to patiently work to get a jar into you at breakfast and again at dinner.  You still prefer Mommy's milk over everything.
Your nap schedule hasn't changed much.  You usually get up around 6:30-7:00 am.  Then you will go back down around 8:30 and again around 11:00 am.  You typically nap in the afternoon anywhere between 2:00-3:00 and then go to bed around 7:00 pm.  I need to work this month on getting you to sleep longer periods and take less cat naps!
You are enjoying being in your bouncer for longer periods and have started to pay attention to the toys on there.
Absolutely everything ends up in your mouth!
One thing is for sure, you are cementing your place as the baby of our family!
You love to be held and would be perfectly content to be in my arms 100% of the time.  Your face crumbles when you can feel yourself being lowered into any sitting position.
We love every ounce of you Buddy!
Happy Seventh Month
 
Lord,
The depth of your love for Luke is more than I can fully understand.  I pray that you will never let him become far from you.  Be a shield for his heart and mind and do not allow any evil to enter.  I pray that he is content with everything you bless him with and lives a life full of joy.  I pray that Brett and I will never be far from You and that we seek your wisdom as we navigate the blessings and challenges that we will encounter as we seek to raise Luke to love and fear You.
In the name of Your precious son,
Amen
 
"Every word of God proves true."
Proverbs 30:5
 
Gratitude Journal
*For God's faithfulness each day these past seven months
*For the simple smiles
*For the ability to make Luke feel safe and secure in my arms
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment