Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Blessings

With 2012 winding down, I have been reflecting on the many blessings of this year.  Without a doubt, our number one blessing this year is this sweet little guy.
 It is so true that with each additional child, your heart just grows fuller of love. This little guy is my joy. God continues to use him to bring me to Him. He is working on my selfish motives and areas of pride to teach me that what matters to Him is that I raise this little one to love, serve, and trust Him above everything else.
It is my words, actions, and interactions with my him that say more about God than any Christmas devotionals, weekly bible verses, or getting to church every Sunday. When I choose to love and serve my family using Jesus as my example, Luke will grow up to believe and trust the promises learned through the devotionals, bible verses, and lessons heard at church on Sunday.  
 As I reflect on 2012 and look forward to 2013, I pray that I give my children to God for His glory and His purpose. I pray that I continue to give thanks for the blessings He gives me and use them to grow closer to Him.
 
"Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"
 
Gratitude Journal
*For the successful completion of Jake's first semester of high school
*For the upcoming vacation days
*For the gift a baby born in a manager years ago offers me today

 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment