Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Never a Dull Moment!

Setting the Scene....
The girls and I had just returned home from a quick trip to Walmart.  We went down in the basement to change our laundry.  I turned on a show for Kate to watch and went into the laundry room.  As I was putting clothes into the dryer, I heard Kate screaming from the other room about a bird.  I started out of the laundry room just as a bird flew across the room and landed on the blinds.  Initially, I really wasn't sure if it was a bird or a bat.  Baily was barking wildly and leaping in the air as the bird flew wildly back and forth across the room.  Kate was screaming and Caroline was totally unaffected by all the commotion.  Kate and I were stuck in the laundry room trying to figure out how we were going to get upstairs.
Finally, the bird flew into what I thought was the boys bedroom, so Kate, Caroline and I were able to get upstairs.  However, once upstairs I discovered the bird had actually flew upstairs and not into the boys bedroom. Now it was flying wildly around the upstairs with both the dog and now the cat chasing after it.  I tried to call Brett, but he didn't initially answer his phone, so I called my parents.  As luck would have it the bird flew into our "yellow" room which has a door that I can close.  By this time, Brett had received my message and called me back.  The bird at this point was very traumatized and was sitting motionless on the window sill.  Brett told me to just leave the back door open and hope it flew out.
The ending-
The bird did eventually gather enough courage to leave the window sill and fly out the door.  There is never a dull moment in the Kresin house!

"Train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home."
Titus 2: 4-5





No comments:

Post a Comment