Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I read this on the Woman Living Well blog and wanted to repost it.

“Oh that God would give
every mother a vision
of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained!
Could she have but one glimpse
in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity;
could she look into it’s soul to see its possibilities;
could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child,
for the development of its life, and for its destiny,
–she would see that in all God’s world there is no other work so noble
and so worthy of her best powers,
and she would commit to no others hands
the sacred and holy trust given to her.”
-JR Miller




The blessings that made me a Mom over 13 years ago.
My first surprise arrived on Friday afternoon.  I love iced sugar cookies.  I received a bouquet of flower sugar cookies that have tasted so yummy.  I have to admit that I have only shared one....with Brett.

Waiting for me on Mother's Day.  We began the day getting ready for church together.  Each of the kids had made some special surprises at school and with the help of Daddy.  I must say that I was very spoiled this year.

A picture frame with all the kids, even our little one who will arrive in June/July.
I also received a gift to have a prenatal massage next Saturday.  A couple of years ago, Brett got me a spa day that I never used....so this year he went an extra step and actually scheduled the day and time for me to go.  I'm really excited!
Made by Andrew at school
Made by Matt at school along with the following book.
Do you see a food theme?  The way to Matt's heart is through food!

Emily's class made a cookbook
I also received two coupons from her for free babysitting and a kitchen clean-up!  She is a great help around the house and will one day be an excellent Mommy!

After lunch we celebrated with my other favorite......a cookie cake!
It has been a wonderful Mother's Day.  Brett and the kids went above and beyond to make this a special day that I will remember and appreciate.


"Her children arise and call her blessed."
Proverbs 31:28











No comments:

Post a Comment