Friday, November 16, 2012

The Choice to be Thankful

 
This morning, I got to work completing a project I had started several weeks ago.  It is a thankful tree.  Each leaf on the tree has a specific verse about thanksgiving.  This idea and the verses come from a blog I follow and love called "A Holy Experience" written by Ann Voskamp.
 Keeping visual reminders around the house helps me to remember to choose a spirit of thanksgiving when the grumbling in my head starts to make it way to my heart.
 
My sister and I were talking on the phone a few weeks ago about trusting God's provision for you verses wanting more for yourself.  She gave me some great advice that I have started to put into practice.  She told me to write down specific verses on various topics that I feel I struggle with.  When faced with circumstances in real life that can cause me to stumble and eventually fall from the life I know God intends for me, I can turn to these verses that I have written down and choose to believe God's truth and put this truth into action.
 
An attitude of thanksgiving changes your perspective in every situation.  When you choose to find and focus on the good, you realize the blessings God has given you.
 
"For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving."
1 Timothy 4:4
 
Thankful Journal
*For the chance to share thanksgiving lunch with my girls
*For new opportunities for Brett
*For the support and friendship of the girls in my home group
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment