Friday, August 10, 2012

QUIET

It is 12:00 noon on Friday.  Today is the third day the older kids have been in school.  We are doing our best to get back into the routine of early mornings and crazy evenings.

Right now, I am sitting in my living room listening to the birds chirp on the sound machine playing in Caroline's room.  Both little ones are asleep!  I just had a short conversation with my sister and she said, "you haven't experienced this in about 7 years!"  In reality, I don't think I have experienced this since the first summer after Jake was born.....14 years ago!

I am enjoying my time today, but starting next week I want to be sure not to waste my time away.  I want to make a habit of spending time on a bible study each day.  I want to use my time in a way that brings honor to God and demonstrates how thankful I am to have this QUIET time to renew my spirit and fill my tank.  That way when my older children arrive home from school and Brett gets home from work, my heart is open to them.  I am able to be the wife and mother that God has asked me to be.

"She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness."
Proverbs 31:27


No comments:

Post a Comment