Thursday, August 20, 2015

First Day of School 2015


Our annual first day of school breakfast.
Our boys off to high school.
This was Jake's last first day of school....he's a senior (yikes)
Sisters and brothers saying goodbye



Our school room is ready to greet our new students.  This is our 3rd year homeschooling. 




 
This year, I bought myself a homeschool Mom's bible.  Everyday there is a devotion and prayer to prepare my heart and mind for the day. It is vital to start my day focused on God.  I need to always remember that this is His calling for our current time and to always look for direction from Him.  If I get too caught up in my own plans and ideas, our day goes astray and I end up frustrated and angry with my kids.
This was the prayer for today.
Father, as I homeschool my children today, their marriage and future adult responsibilities seem so far away.  Help me to prepare them for life, not only with academics, but also with a clear understanding of your truths and will for their lives.
In Jesus' name, Amen
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment