Thursday, May 29, 2014

Schools Out for the Summer

 

 

First Day of School                          Last Day of School

Kate (Kindergarten)
Favorite Book- Silverlicious
Favorite Subject- Reading
Favorite Color- Purple/Pink
Favorite Food- Cupcakes
Favorite Toys- Snuggie and Violet
Favorite Game- Candy land
Favorite Indoor Activity-Art
Favorite Outside Activity-Swinging on the swing set
Best Friends-Will and Amanda
I am really good at- Pumping my legs to swing high
When I grow up I want to be a ballerina
Andrew (First Grade)
Favorite Book- Snakes
Favorite Subject- nothing
Favorite Color- red
Favorite Food- milkshake
Favorite Toy- cars
Favorite Indoor Activity- Mindcraft
Favorite Outdoor Activity- Playing house
Best Friend- Will
I am really good at playing mindcraft
When I grow up I want to be a garbage truck driver

 
 
Matt (2nd Grade)
Favorite Book- Geronimo Stilton Series
Favorite Subject- Writing
Favorite Color- Blue
Favorite Food- Corn on the Cob
Favorite Toys- Nascar cars
Favorite Game- Soccer
Favorite Indoor Activity-Building nascar tracks
Favorite Outside Activity- sports
Best Friends-Blake
I am really good at playing soccer
When I grow up I want to be a nascar driver
Emily (4th Grade) 
Favorite Book- Little House Series
Favorite Subject- Reading
Favorite Color- Blue
Favorite Food- Chicken Alfredo
Favorite Toys- Jump rope
Favorite Game- Soccer
Favorite Indoor Activity- Knitting
Favorite Outside Activity-Swinging
Best Friends- Chloe and Erika
I am really good at playing soccer
When I grow up I want to be a worker at Carlo's Bakery

 
 

Our older two boys were in 9th and 10th Grade this year.  When we decided to begin homeschooling, we left the in public school to finish out high school.  Next year they will be old enough to drive themselves to school, so I took this picture to document the last time we hopefully will have to pick them up!
 
We are grateful to have completed our first year home schooling.  God blessed our family in numerous ways this school year through our decision to answer his call to begin this journey.  Our children had opportunities to grow in their faith and learn in a way that best suited their personality and learning style.  As we look forward to next year, we are reminded to hold our hands open to what plans God has in mind for our family and our children.


No comments:

Post a Comment